Friday, February 20, 2009

Timbaland presents....CHRIS CORNELL?????

What?! Last night as I was flicking through the radio stations "this" started playing. I almost rolled my car when the DJ announced that it was in fact Chris Cornell ft Timbaland.

What would you get if you took one of the most iconic voices in modern hard rock and mixed it with one of the "hottest" producers of the past decade, known for his thick hip-hop beats and tricky time signatures? Their single watch out is a "stuck in your head" type of song, but wow,I can't help to think this is NOT Chris Cornell material.

Cornell said that it was his brother-in-law Nick, a nightclub owner in Paris, who originally suggested Timbaland might be a good person to remix some songs from Cornell's previous solo album, Carry On. But Cornell said once he approached Tim, the producer wasn't into doing just a few songs — he wanted to make a whole album.


However, the collaboration evolved into the duo writing and recording the entire scream album in just six weeks, notably with the conceptual direction of "tying it all together musically", which Cornell describes as "hearkening back to albums that I listened to when I was a kid, where the music never stops" and that it "begs to be listened to on headphones all the way through".

I would have never thought...I'm speechless...I really just don't know...

M

3 comments:

  1. What new hell is that? What are we suppose to make of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Timbaland is a plague, we must stop him now!

    ReplyDelete